Greyline Flow Meter Ultrasonic | Portable Ultrasonic Flow Meter
The PTFM 1.0 ultrasonic transducers clamp-on the outside of pipes from 2″ to 48″ (50 to 1200 mm) diameter. The ultrasonic signal works through common pipe materials including carbon steel, stainless steel, ductile iron, cast iron, PVC, PVDF, fiberglass, copper, brass, aluminum, and pipes with bonded liners including epoxy, rubber, and Teflon. Transducers can be mounted without shutting down flow and there is no obstruction or pressure drop. It measures and totalizes forward and reverses flow.
Recommended for fluids like water, glycol, oils, and chemicals. Use it for calibrations, troubleshooting, flow surveys and as a temporary transmitter to replace inline flowmeters.
The PTFM 1.0 Portable Transit Time Flow Meter operates by measuring the “transit time” or “time of flight” for ultrasonic sound pulses transmitted from one transducer to another. Depending on the mounting configuration the signal may cross the pipe once, twice or four times. To measure flow the transit time is compared between ultrasonic signals traveling upstream and downstream.
- Non-Contacting Clamp-on Ultrasonic Transducers Works on Metal and Plastic Pipes
- Large Backlit Flow Rate Display and Totalizer
- Isolated 4-20mA Output
- Built-in 5-Key Calibrator
- 300,000 point data logger
- Operate on the following pipe materials: carbon steel, stainless steel, PVC, PVDF, fiberglass, galvanized steel, mild steel, ductile iron, glass, copper, brass, and pipes with bonded liners including cement, epoxy, rubber, and Teflon.
- Shall operate on clean liquids in full pipes with less than 2% solids or gas bubbles at flow velocities from ±0.07 to 39 ft/sec (±0.02 to 12 m/sec).
- Operate on AC power or from internal, rechargeable batteries.
- The ultrasonic flow meter shall have an accuracy of ±1% of reading or 0.1 ft/sec (0.03 m/sec), whichever is greater. Have repeatability and linearity of ±0.25%.
More Information: Brochure PTFM 1.0