A portable ultrasonic flow meter is a type of flow meter that measures the velocity of a fluid with ultrasound to calculate volume flow. Using ultrasonic transducers, An Ultrasonic flow meter can measure the average velocity along the path of an emitted beam of ultrasound, by averaging the difference in measured transit time between the pulses of ultrasound propagating into and against the direction of the flow.
Portable Ultrasonic Flowmeter SL1168P succeeds at delivering expanded functionality and field portability. The SL1168P portable flowmeter is ideal for precisely measuring a wide range of liquid flows and temperatures. The SiteLab SL1168P Portable Digital transit time ultrasonic flow meter provides a measuring system with excellent accuracy, versatility, ease of use, and dependability.
Features and Benefits
- High accuracy measurement. Accuracy +/-1.0% of reading; Repeatability +/- 0.3% of full scale;
Linearity +/-1.0% of reading.
- Flowrange 0 to 12 m/s.
- Non-intrusive, clamp-on installation. Easy and fast. No moving parts.Maintenance free. Lightweight, Handheld design.
- Suitable for all commonly used pipe materials and liquids Suitable for pipes from 25- 1200mm
- 11 VDC rechargeable lithium-ion battery for continuous operation for up to16 hours
- Wide measurement temperature range 0-80 Degrees C.
- Built-in data logger and flow totalizers.
- Self-explanatory user interface. Easy to operate.
- 2 Gb SD memory card for high capacity
- Data logging (512 files max; interval 5 to 60 seconds)
- NEMA 13 (IP 54) transmitter with tactile
- Entry keys and 64 x 128 alphanumeric backlit LCD.
- Ambient conditions 0-60 Degrees C Up to 99% relative humidity (noncondensing).
- Encapsulated transducers; IP 68 with 16 ft (5m) standard cable.
- Lightweight 2.2lb (1.0kg) and easily transportable.
- Low installation effort and costs.
- Clamp-on sensors require no pipe cutting or process interruption and no plant shutdown Magnetic sensor clamping fixture with slip scale gauge. Chain straps included for a nonmagnetic pipe.
- Hygienic measurement, no risk of contamination, suitable for ultra clean Liquids
- Supplied in convenient carrying case holding all components including transducers, transducer leads, two magnetic transducer carriers, carrier chains, acoustic couplet grease, instructions manuals
This universal transit-time meter features a push-button interface, ergonomic handheld design and a large digital display that significantly simplifies set-up and data collection. Although designed primarily for cleaner liquids. Portable Ultrasonic Flow Meter SL1168P portable flowmeter can reliably measure liquids containing moderate amounts of suspended solids. Its high-powered ultrasonic pulse with improved digital signal processing requires just one set of transducers for a wide range of pipe sizes and materials including metal, plastic, and concrete.
The Portable Ultrasonic Flow Meter Model SL1168P is a state-of-the-art universal transit-time flowmeter designed using SLSI technology and low-voltage broadband pulse transmission. While principally designed for clean liquid applications, the instrument is tolerant of liquids with small amounts of air bubbles or suspended solids found in most industrial environments.