The product group “Batch Controllers” offers multiple batch controllers in the N-Series, F-Series and D-Series product ranges. The batch controllers can be used for accurate dispensing of small amounts of liquids up to the loading of trucks with two-stage control and analog multi-stage control.
Specially designed for the delivery of unknown quantities of product is the delivery controller which can be used for all kinds of products like gasoline, oil and windshield fluid.
The functionality of this product group is based on three product series:
- N-Series: these products offer a full numerical keypad, are supplied in a DIN panel mount enclosure and are only suitable for safe area applications. The N-Series are the result of combining our knowledge of batch control operations and our customer focus on operators and users. As a result, the N-Series has been developed as a batch controller, focussed on your convenience. This is our top range batch controllers, the N413 is available with receipt printing functionality.
- F-Series: this product range is supplied in a robust IP67 (NEMA Type4X) field mount enclosure and suitable for safe and hazardous area applications. The F-Series have been certified according ATEX and IECEx by DEKRA and according CSA C-US and FM for use in Intrinsically Safe applications. The F-Series is resistant to harsh weather conditions (rain, snow, salty atmospheres, temperatures between -40°C/-40°F and +80°C/+178°F) without use of expensive protective cabinets.
- D-Series: these products are supplied in a unique DIN panel mount enclosure and is only suitable for safe area applications. The robust IP66, IP67 (NEMA Type4X) front enclosure is made of die cast aluminum and is unequaled by any panel mounted indicator in the market: The D-Series is able to withstand total immersion and even powerful water jets!
N series Batch Controller
These DIN panel mount batch controllers with numerical keypad are the result of combining our knowledge of batch control operations and our customer focus on operators and users. As a result, the N-Series has been developed as a batch controller, focused on your convenience.
The N-Series distinguishes itself from other batch controllers by its very easy to use numerical keypad. Selecting and entering multiple preset values with the easy to press keys is astonishingly simple. The display is designed for batch processes: at a glance, the operator is aware of the indicated switch points and the actual state of the process. For your convenience the preset and the actual value with their engineering units are displayed simultaneously. It’s just the simplest versatile batch controller there is! Choose N and save on installation and operation / programming cost, time and hassle.
Easy to use and simple to install
The N-Series use the highly appreciated configuration structure of our F- and D-Series. Each setting is clearly indicated with an alphanumerical description, eliminating confusing abbreviations. Once familiar with an N-series product, you will be able to program all models in all series without a manual. For example: the configuration menu of the (intrinsically safe) F-Series batch controllers operate almost identical to an N410! In other words: Know one, know them all. Operation and configuration is done via the easy-to-operate numerical keypad.
The unique LCD display provides multiple batch control data at a glance. The main information like actual value, flow rate or batched total are displayed with 7 large digits (14mm, 0.56″). The preset value and units of measure are displayed with 10 smaller segments (8mm, 0.3″). A graphical indication of the batch process and relay status are displayed simultaneously. On-screen engineering units are easily configured in the configuration menu. All values are saved in EEPROM memory. The N410 is standard provided with a bright backlight, which ensures good readings during day and night and it can be adjusted in 6 steps from 0 to 100%.
The N-Series is your perfect solution for smaller and low cost panels, as it has a limited depth clearance of only a four inches! Why bother with other panel controllers, when you can save considerably on installation and panel requirement costs with the N-series? Be smart, buy N!
All values, unit settings and functions have been classified in various groups and can be security access code protected. There is a special external input with a keypad lock functionality.
- Save time and cost with the easy to operate numerical keypad.
- Your crew is in control with our highly praised “know one, know them all” configuration structure, saving time, cost and aggravation.
- Key information at a glance as the display simultaneously shows actual value, preset value, batch process indication, switch point indication and measuring units.
- Easy installation with the rugged aluminum DIN-size panel mount enclosure with only four inches depth clearance for smaller and low cost panels.
Graphical feature overview
All applications are unique; therefore no two technical requirements are the same. But what product is the perfect fit your application? To support your selection, we have created the new reference guide. Each product group is explained with a list of typical features, photos and display examples. With a clear table overview you can easily compare the various options of the products.
Download the Fluidwell reference guide.
The N-Series accept various input signals for volume flow or mass flowmeters, like reed-switch, Coil, open collector, NPN, PNP or active 8 / 12 / 24V pulse signals.
Various external inputs are available including functions such as: start, stop, reset, selection of batch quantity, alarm, etc. The degree of this functionality is product dependent. Additionally, most models have a hold-input feature which will ignore flowmeter pulses whilst the system is being flushed or CIP cleaned.
All N-Series models have two field replaceable, heavy duty relays (NO-NC) and up to three transistor outputs. Relay 1 is fixed as the main batch control relay. Relay 2 and the transistor outputs can be configured as 1- or 2-stage batch control, alarm or pulse output.
Two power inputs are available to power the N-Series and sensor. A 110 – 230V AC and a 24V DC power input. Both offer an 8.2, 12 or 24V DC sensor supply to power the sensor.
- The N413 is able to send a receipt printing command to a printer.
- The N410 can be equipped with an RS232/RS485 communication option. Besides the process data all configuration settings can be read and modified. The communication protocol used is Modbus ASCII /RTU; max. 255 units can be addressed.